Art Collaboration: Mixed Media-a whimsical Frida Kahlo

Frida Kahlo whimsical Mixed Media Painting

Do you remember this Blogpost from a couple of Weeks ago, where I shared my Process of creating a fun Mixed Media Background on Canvas Board for an Art Swap / Art Collaboration with Ayala Art? Well-in the meantime her prepared Canvas arrived here and I added a cute little Frida Kahlo to it-then send it back to her! As Part 2 of this Collaboration we are sharing our process of adding our Girls to the prepared Background today . . . here is my Process Video of little Frida for you-hope you will enjoy it as much as I did creating her . . .

And some jucy Detail-Shots . . . because it is all in the Details, right?!?

Frida Kahlo whimsical Mixed Media Painting

mixed-media-canvas-frida-kahlo-cre8tivecre8tions-10

mixed-media-canvas-frida-kahlo-cre8tivecre8tions-9

mixed-media-canvas-frida-kahlo-cre8tivecre8tions-8

mixed-media-canvas-frida-kahlo-cre8tivecre8tions-6

Frida Kahlo whimsical Mixed Media Painting

mixed-media-canvas-frida-kahlo-cre8tivecre8tions-3

6 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• Suzette Edmond-Winch13. November 2015 - 07:23

Wow! this is definitely beautiful. I recently found your blog and will be doing some of your classes for sure, never done mix media before but will give it a go…How do you get the finish work to look so vibrant on screen?ReplyCancel

• Cre8tiveCre8tions16. November 2015 - 20:08

Thank you, so happy you enjoy it. My pieces of work are very vibrant in general since I love to use bright, bold and vibrant colors – but after taking a photo or scanning the colors always tend to look a little more “dull” than they are in real so I always enhance a little by tweaking brightness, contrast & depth so it comes closer to the real colors again 🙂ReplyCancel

• Suzette19. November 2015 - 17:48

Simply amazing work Andrea and thanks for replying…I will be signing up to one of your classes next week as I find your videos very informative and your work is just amazing.

• Marie16. November 2015 - 19:16

Amazing work as usual, what is the white edging top and bottom please xReplyCancel

• Marie16. November 2015 - 19:26

Just watched the video, lol missed that bit! Thank you so much for sharing … I see it’s lace but it let looks almost plastic!? XReplyCancel

• Cre8tiveCre8tions16. November 2015 - 20:05

Yes it’s a Lace but it’s made out of some sort of Synthetic / Plastic / something rubber-like (not sure what’s the right word for it in english – not even know what it’s called in german *lol* – found it in the deco-corner of a local dollar/euro-store a while ago) – that’s why it has this shiny finish …ReplyCancel

Online Classes I'm teaching at